This website is the property of Keatons Group Limited of 6-8 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A. By using this website you agree that you consent to and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
Copyright and Trademarks
The content of this website is © Keatons. Reproduction of part or all the contents in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions:
Licence to re-copy for Limited Purposes:
- You acknowledge Keatons as the source of the material. You must include such acknowledgement and the Keatons web address (www.keatons.com) in the copy of the material and must inform the third party that all the Terms and Conditions set out herewith apply to him/her and that he/she is bound by them.
- This licence to re-copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work, publication, or website whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of Keatons’ website, including but not limited, to photographs, property details, and/or floorplans may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. You may not frame this website without the express consent of Keatons. The Keatons logo is a trademark registered in the name of Keatons in the UK and other parts of the world. Reproduction of this trademark other than to view this website is prohibited.
Keatons takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must, therefore, check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit this website
Keatons makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website, or the content contained on it, including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Furthermore, neither Keatons nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness, or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free. Nothing on this website shall be regarded or taken as financial advice.
The user confirms that the terms and conditions and use of this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and that all disputes arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Keatons is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the real estate industry is a target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to the National Crime Agency.
As part of this commitment, we adopt a strict compliance of all applicable Anti Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, and the Bribery Act 2010.
Keatons’ policy commitment is applicable to all our customers, including vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants. As a result, we obtain and hold for a period of at least five years evidence pertaining to our customers’ identity and, we are required to obtain proof of ownership of property and source/ destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers’ identity will be subject to an identity check, which may also include a credit check.
For a full list of acceptable identity documents, please click here.
Keatons is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins or applications which may allow third parties to collect or share your personal data. We are not responsible for their use of your personal data and cannot control it.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The Board of Directors and management of Keatons Group Limited are committed to compliance with all relevant EU and Member State laws in respect of personal data, and the protection of the “rights and freedoms” of individuals whose information Keatons Group Limited collects and processes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Download Data Protection Policy
What information we may collect about you
If you are purchasing, renting, selling, or letting a property through Keatons, we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect and use may include:
- Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback)
- Contact Data (billing address, correspondence address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer’s device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to email@example.com or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Keatons Head Office, 152-154 The Grove, Stratford, London E15 1NS.
How we collect data from you
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including the following:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- fill in forms/give information on our website or to our third party suppliers
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through social media;
- contact us through live chat
- walk-in to or telephone our branches;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Information we receive from other sources
- >We may receive information about you if you visit any other websites which we operate or use any services which we provide. Such as;
- Property portals: Rightmove, Zoopla, OnTheMarket, NetHousePrices
- We are also working with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, these include but are not limited to Acaboom, Reapit, Lifetime Legal, Boomin, GoodLord, Area Technologies Ltd, GetAgent) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we have collected it.
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- When you register your details with us for any of our services, or enter into a transaction with us, provide feedback on our service online or use our website; we will use your personal information to send you relevant and proportionate marketing communications about our properties, services and third-party providers; You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, to alter your preferences for the type of marketing content you receive (such as properties for sale, information about related services etc.) or to alter the methods via which you receive marketing correspondence from us i.e. via email, text, post, or phone call;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud; For this purpose we may need to share your personal information with our referencing providers and or solicitors, this is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights;
- To assess your creditworthiness (in the case of buying or renting a property)
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties);
- To ensure the safety of our staff when attending external appointments such as viewings and market appraisals, for example, contact details for the client or customer;
- To comply with legislation such as Right to Rent checks required under Section 22 of the Immigration Act 2014;
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter with them or with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
- Lifetime Legal, mortgage providers and lettings risk providers (where you have consented for us to do so)
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Keatons Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of its transferred assets;
Including but not limited to solicitors/conveyancers, surveyors, financial/mortgage advisors, other estate agents in a chain, developers where a purchase is agreed, contractors and property maintenance services.
Including but not limited to tenant referencing agencies, other estate agents or landlord, contractors, and property maintenance services, gas and electrical contractors, utility companies and insurance providers.
Software and system providers, included but not limited to:
Reapit Software, Acaboom, GoodLord, Brief Your Market, Lifetime Legal, Area Technologies Ltd, Boomin, GetAgent.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information, including to only use your personal information in accordance with our specific instructions (such as for the purposes of completing referencing or contacting you to arrange access to carry out necessary repairs) and the applicable laws.
Where we store your information
The information we collect from about you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By using our website, or otherwise submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Keatons Group Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless it has been proved that we have been negligent. We do not accept any responsibility for the protection of information or images provided to third party online sites that link to or from our website.
How long do we store your information?
The length of time we hold your information for will vary dependent on lawful basis for collecting and processing the data.
We will hold data supplied where there is a legitimate interest in doing so (such as where a client or customer has registered with us, expressing an interest in any of our services, such as buying, selling, letting or renting through us) for a period of 7 years.
Where a transaction has been entered in to and there is a contractual necessity to do so, or where there is a requirement to comply with legal obligations (for example in order to comply with the requirement of the TPO Codes of Practice, both sales and lettings agents, to maintain clear and full written records of transaction for a period of 6 years and to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 requirement to hold records for a period of 5 years).
If you have an account on our website and it has been deemed dormant then we may delete the account and all personal information “tied to” or “held against” it.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us.
Access to Your Information
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store your information; or the criteria used to determine that period;
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information, we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form;
- To rectification or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Keatons processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources;
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you;
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Keatons Group Limited, 152-154 The Grove, Stratford, London E15 1NS or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
How to contact Keatons with questions
The Data Controller responsible for your information is Claire Mardle. You can contact Claire Mardle by telephone on 020 7650 5169, via email at email@example.com or by post at Head Office, 152-154 The Grove, Stratford, London E15 1NS if you have any questions or complaints regarding our use of your information.
Cookies and tracking
The Keatons website and applications may collect anonymous data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
Keatons use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. No data that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information) is tracked, collected or uploaded. Keatons may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Keatons Group Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered number 3035920). Our registered office is at Registered Office: 6-8 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3NT.
As a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPOS), Keatons Estate Agents aims to provide the public with the highest level of service. If you would like to make a formal complaint about the company, please follow the Keatons complaints procedure below. We will do our very best to acknowledge and resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Customer Complaints Procedure:
- If you have a complaint regarding the service you have received from Keatons, please put your concerns in writing, preferably an email, and address it to the office concerned.
- The complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days. It will then be explored and responded to within 15 days.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the result of the internal investigation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent an acknowledgement email and your complaint will be reviewed.
- A full investigation will take place and a letter will be sent confirming our final viewpoint. This will be within 21 days of the acknowledgement email/letter.
- In the unlikely event that you remain unhappy with the final response to your complaint, you can write to The Property Ombudsman within six months from the date of our final letter. The Property Ombudsman will review your complaint and advise you according to their decision. The TPOS website is www.tpos.co.uk.
© 2022-2023 Keatons Group Limited a company registered in England and Wales as company number 03035920 and registered office at 152-154 The Grove, London, E15 1NS. All rights reserved powered by Area.